Thai Yoga Therapy is a form of bodywork that is often referred to as “lazy yoga”, designed to release stored tension in the body. It is an interactive form of massage in which the practitioner works with the recipient –blending compassionate, therapeutic acupressure and deep yoga stretches in a meditative flow – to create a state of true yogic bliss. As a recipient, you will enjoy all the healing benefits of yoga without the effort!
Benefits of Thai session
- Increase flexibility
- Release stored tension and emotions in the body
- Pain relief
- Increased energy and concentration
- Boost the immune system
- Total relaxation
Preparation for a Thai session
- Wear comfortable clothes! Thai bodywork is done FULLY clothed in order to fully access critical acupressure points and facilitate deeper stretching. Yoga clothes or an oversized tee and pajama pants do just nicely
- As you would for a yoga class, avoid eating at least two hours before a session if possible.
- Avoid using heavy moisturizers and oils before your session.
- Prepare to let go. Often the hardest part in receiving bodywork is trusting and relaxing into someone else’s energy. Try to relax and focus on slowing down your breath.